Who we are
Education for an Interdependent World (EDIW) is an international network of learning communities of young people and professionals, committed to building an interdependent, inclusive, humane and sustainable world.
EDIW is a non-profit International Organization with its Headquarters in Brussels with projects supported by private and public entities, specifically the European Commission.
At EDIW we believe that:
· education is a strong power to transform persons and societies
· societies need to grow both in rights and in joint responsibilities
· humanity is interconnected and interrelated but it needs to build interdependent, collaborative and life-giving relationships.
· shared vision and commitment of young generations are essential in building both the present and the future
To develop international projects, programmes and experiences of formal and non-formal education as steps to grow into compassionate, informed and participatory global citizens, respectful, creative and responsible for this world.
· Integrity in one´s commitment to the promotion of human dignity and to democratic and ethical values
· Collaboration, empowerment of others and openness to learn
· Inclusive and intercultural attitudes/approach
· Critical and creative spirit